Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lightning Rally


I forgot that what I am going to tell you happened like...what, a week ago? This may not even come as news to you. At any rate, I'll still blabber.

The freshman welcome assembly was one of the most eventful days of my life. As the program neared its last part, which is a presentation from the UP Pep Squad, a few members of the League of Filipino Students took the scene. Gawd. We were enjoying the dance portion, and there they were, harassing the event! If they were asking for the removal of the tuition hike, why can't they do it some other time? You see, they were spoiling the fun! I so hate it. But I was twitchy because it was my first time to witness a student rally.

Anyway, so the program ended with the univ hymn. The student militants balled their fists and raised it. The pep squad joined in. There was an unmistakable air of defiance from them. Here comes the spoof: A few freshies did the same. Duh? Like they understood it all. Admit it. Bagong salta pa lang kaya tayo! Ano ba? I was taking the rally seriously, but I almost laughed my head off when I saw some freshies raise their fists. It's too early to fight the administration noh. Study first then fight later. tsk tsk.

--the anchor

No comments: